Saturday, April 23, 2011

Beautiful day for a run, why not add some distance?



A gorgeous day, double digits and sunny! One of those spring mornings that lets you know that warmer weather is on the way.

Our route was 8.5 kilometres today, up from 7.5 kilometres last week. After the run, Kris informed us that it might have been closer to 9 kilometres. I did it in 59 minutes, so all I need to do is run the extra kilometre or so in 1 minute or less, and I will hit my target of 10 kilometres in 60 minutes.

Seriously though, I think I need to focus on my nutrition more (as opposed to now where I am generally eating whatever), to start making a difference in my weight and running pace. I figure if I put better fuel in, I will improve my performance plus I will have the added benefit of dragging less weight around.

No comments:

Post a Comment