Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Team Myles - First Run!

Well, it was my first run with Team Myles. The inaugural team run was actually on Saturday (January 15), but I was already committed to running a camp with my Cub pack when I found out the date of the first run.

Before tonight's run, we warmed up with Devon Norris of Push Fitness (he played for the Rainmen last year, my other blog has numerous Rainmen entries). Devon got us ready to go and I enjoyed doing the stretches as a group, it reminded me of my rugby-playing days!

Tonight's run was 3 laps around the Commons, 1.4 kilometres each time around, for a total of 4.2 kilometres. We had to buddy up for the run, my run buddy was Peter Harrison. We ran at a good pace, did each loop in about 10 minutes. My calf muscle that I injured last year flared up again (I tweaked it last week, so this was not a surprise). Luckily for me, it did not disable me from running, although when I lengthened my stride to speed up a bit while passing some other Team Myles members, I felt it get close to tearing again. I am going to have to be careful with this thing, I don't want to miss out on training because of a preventable injury!

After the run, we visited Lifemark Physio to have our gait analyzed and to measure our feet for the Adidas running shoes we will get with Team Myles. Sara was very knowledgeable and I guess I have the biggest feet of all the Team Myles members, what an accomplishment!

I felt really good after the run, actually invigorated. I look forward to Saturday morning's run!

No comments:

Post a Comment