Sunday, May 29, 2011

10 km, 1:03:25

Ran 10 kilometres on the Salt Marsh Trail after church today. I needed this run, I was missing it. Isn't that one of the first signs of addiction? Come on, I can quit anytime I want! :-)

I used my Garmin 305 today, and I kept track of my split times per kilometre. It is actually pretty easy to use and to check on stats afterwards.

My first kilometre took only 5:26 and at one point I was running at a 4:13/km pace. I did the first 5 kilometres in 29:21, which is not bad for me. I did the 5 km back to my starting point by doing 10 and 1's, with 3 walking segments. I figure this added about 90 seconds to my time, but it also gave me a bit of a rest to run at a fairly respectable pace for the second half.

My goal is still to break 60 minutes for 10 kilometres. I ran 9.45 kilometres in 60 minutes today, so my goal is definitely achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment