Monday, May 23, 2011

2011 Bluenose 10k is done! Now what?

Yesterday was Team Myles's "final exam". I would say that we passed with flying sneakers! While I didn't see all of my teammates after the 5k and 10k runs, I met with most of them and everyone said they felt good and they all looked great!

Lately, we have been discussing how to keep 2011 Team Myles going, post-Bluenose. Some members want to keep running together and we have talked about a Team Myles alumni running group. I would like to participate in organized runs together, like the Lunenburg Muffin Run on Sunday, June 12.

Our 2011 Team Myles members are individuals with different schedules and needs, so I think we should be flexible in what methods we use to keep Team Myles going. Perhaps a couple or a few teammates will continue running together twice a week, maybe others can help with next year's team by running with the 2012 Team Myles during their training.

Participating in some organized runs in the future with Team Myles feels like the best fit for me. We can still get together and enjoy each other's company but it won't be such a strict time commitment. I know I had other responsibilities that kept me from some team runs, as did pretty much every other TM member. I plan to start running with Heart & Sole running club in Dartmouth, it is closer to home for me and I have family and friends in the club.

In my mind, getting together for "reunions" at organized runs -- including, of course, next year's Bluenose! -- will keep the bonds of our experience going while allowing us to grow as runners and make connections with others in the surprisingly large running community in HRM.

Thanks again to everyone involved with 2011 Team Myles: my teammates, our trainers and especially the ladies who organized us and who kept us motivated by training with us, by keeping TM events going, and most importantly by keeping us smiling and laughing with their great personalities!

Everyone worked so hard on 2011 Team Myles, you should all be so proud for your accomplishments. Congratulations and see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment