Tuesday, April 23, 2013

INSANITY!!! Day 1

So Cheryl and the kids gave me the Insanity workout because I was looking for a new workout after P90X. I just did the Fit Test for Day 1. It is more intense than P90X, I didn't think that was possible!

Eight intense moves, each one more strenuous than the last. By the second half of the workout, I was breathing pretty hard, trying to recover between moves. In the spirit of being accountable, here are my Day 1 numbers:
Switch Kicks: 52 (high front kicks)
Power Jacks: 43 (jumping jacks, but squats)
Power Knees: 72 (one knee up to hands, while in a lunge)
Power Jumps: 28 (squat jumps)
Globe Jumps: 7 (4 jumps in a box formation) This is when it started getting tough...
Suicide Jumps: 7 (power burpees)
Push-up Jacks: 13 (push-ups combined with jumping your legs out like a horizontal jumping jack)
Low Plank Oblique: 18 (in plank position, bringing each leg up to your side: Chataranga run in P90X)

I have put off starting this routine for a long time, with lots of excuses: the rec room isn't unpacked so there isn't enough floor space, poor sleep (happens more often than I would like), running in the morning (I do less often than I should), have to work early/late (yes, government workers do this; at least I do when needed). Even this morning was an internal struggle to get out of bed. The longest journey begins with a single step, getting out of bed this morning was that step for this journey. I can't say I have been consistent with working out or especially eating healthy, but let's see how well I do over the next couple months. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment