Wednesday, April 24, 2013

INSANITY!!! Day 2 - Plyometrics Cardio Circuit

The insanity continues with circuit training that combines the high-impact and big muscle usage of plyometrics (lotsa jumping) with the heart-rate pumping aspects of cardio. The pace does not let up and the breaks are short -- too short, sometimes! Even the pre-stretch warm up is intense. The 41 minute workout chugs along pretty well, but near the end, my muscles had had enough. I actually worked to failure and my hamstrings were quaking while just standing. I re-composed myself after a short break and "finished strong". The trainer says this on the video and it really resonated with me because that is my philosophy too. I didn't feel that great after the workout until I had some food in me so my body could recover. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment