Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Insanity - Week 2

I keep meaning to post more often, but life is pretty busy! I am happy to say that this week is easier than last week and I am noticing a little difference in how my clothes fit already!

I celebrated my rest day on Sunday by going on a hike with the family at Glen Haffy Conservation Area. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun.

That is what life is about, isn't it? Enjoying the good times and getting through the hard times.

Here is a prayer that is on a big sign at the start of the trails at Glen Haffy:

"Prayer of The Woods

I am the heart of your hearth on the cold winter nights, the friendly shade screening you from the summer sun, and my fruits are refreshing draughts quenching your thirst as you journey on. I am the beam that holds your house, the board of your table, the bed on which you lie, and the timber of your boat. I am the handle of your hoe, the door of your homestead, the wood of your cradle, and the shell of your coffin. I am the bread of kindness and the flower of beauty. Ye who pass by, listen to my prayer: harm me not.

This inspirational label has been used in forest reserves of Portugal for over 1,000 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment