Tuesday, September 2, 2014

INSANITY 2: THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Okay, so it has been over a year since I posted on this blog. It turns out that the "cold" or "allergies" that I couldn't shake last summer was, in fact, double pneumonia. Yes, I had pneumonia in both lungs in numerous places. I ended up having to take heavy duty drugs and a week off from work to recuperate. Since then, I have had numerous lower back issues and I have gotten to know my chiropractor fairly well. Luckily, I have had few back problems lately, now it's my inner calf muscles going into spasm whenever I run more than a few kilometres. What this is telling me is I need to shape up or I might just ship out!

I am not at my peak weight but I am so close it scares me. Time to take action (finally!)!

Yesterday, I started Insanity with the Fit Test. Remarkably, I was able to match or slightly improve my initial results from the first time I started Insanity. That surprised me, but maybe since this time I had a mark to match or beat I was able to aim for that target. Anyway, I felt completely exhausted afterward so I know I did my best.

Today was Plyo Cardio Circuit. This is tough too, and I have to say I had to take breaks during the second set of exercises. There's something about doing 3 sets of push-ups and other ab moves while still in plank for about 3 minutes at a time -- after already working hard for 20+ minutes.

It sounds like I have a lot of negative things to say, but I do feel great - completely wiped out - but great!

More to follow!

1 comment:

  1. Starting with the Insanity workout can be quite challenging, so it's understandable if you feel that way. At least you're felt good about it afterwards. As for your lower back, just take care don't to overextend yourself in your training so that it won't flare up again. Get in touch with an expert if you start sensing something bad. I hope you achieve your goals with this new regimen of yours! Good luck!

    Victor Barnes @ Advanced Alternative Medicine Center

    ReplyDelete