Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 50

Well, yesterday during Stretch X, I seem to have popped a ligament in my knee. I remember the pop when I was going for the single leg ham stretch and didn't think much of it since my joints are fairly musical anyway.

Unfortunately, my knee was sore last night before I went to bed. I took a couple Tylenol and hoped for the best. This morning, same pain so I wrapped it with a Tensor bandage and took a couple aspirin (supposed to be good for joint pain?).

I will try to go through Yoga this evening, but without the balance postures on my left leg. I guess the old bod ain't what it used to be.

While I hate missing workouts (Who said that? Certainly not the old Phil, ha!), I understand that a couple of days downtime is better than weeks. I will modify, modify, modify!

I weighed myself just in case this ends up being serious, so I have a benchmark. Down to 276.2 pounds and 37.8% body fat, on Day 50.

That means I am down to 104.4 pounds of body fat and 171.8 pounds of lean body mass. Since Day 30, I have lost 6 pounds overall, including a loss of 7.6 pounds of fat and a gain of 1.6 pounds of muscle. I am happy with those results, although they don't match my rate of the first 30 days. I am not surprised at that, however, since my nutrition was cleaner in Phase 1. Besides the addition of carbs in Phase 2, I was also eating protein bars every day for most of Phase 2 and have since stopped because I realized it was like eating a candy bar on top of all my other calories. I still have a few protein bars left and will save them for high calorie expenditure days.

So far, in 50 days, I have lost 27.3 pounds of fat and gained 12.7 pounds of muscle. I have a long way to go before I reach my weight goal, but P90X and the support of my family and friends like you guys will help me reach and maintain those targets. Thanks again, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment