Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 70

On good days, we reach the top of the mountain; on bad days, we are in the shadow of the valley. I have been in both places this past week: reaching new personal bests earlier in the week, then I was laid low yesterday with stomach bug. This morning, I pulled a muscle in my back while transitioning from one side stretch to the other. Sigh.

It's funny, lately I have been doing great on fitness and not so great on nutrition, then I get back on track with nutrition and then pull a muscle. Trying to the lesson of perseverance here.

“Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other” ~ Walter Elliott

Time to start the next short race of today...

1 comment:

  1. Don't get discouraged Phil... when you reach the mountain top... it is a great feeling... but you usually can't stay there very long as it is usually baren... it is in the richness of the valleys that we grow best. love, mom

    ReplyDelete