Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 51

Core Syn this AM, on Day 2 of Week 8. Week 8! Really? Still can't believe how fast time goes by. I guess it passes at the same rate, the difference is while 8 weeks passed by before, I wasn't doing anything about my weight. Now I am and I feel great!

Hmmm... rate, weight, great. "I can't see too good, is that Bill Shakespeare over there?" ~Chris Farley

Anyhoo... My knee is still tender, but I focused on form rather than using weights this time, to make sure the ligament was OK. I think it's good to go, but I am mindful of it now, and my wrist, and my lower spine, and..., and..., and...! Hahahaha!

I had to work on defeating my negative self-talk this morning. It's funny how quickly it sets in, miss one day and the enemy is telling you all the reasons why you can't do something! The hardest part is not our physical limits, but the mental barriers that we set up for ourselves. Telling yourself "I can't" or "I'll do it later" is the leading cause of quitting anything, be it working out, stopping a bad habit, whatever. I believe that I have cracked the code! What keeps me going is remembering that I have family and friends who want me to succeed!

I am glad that I am still exercising and blogging, despite the obstacles. I have noticed a change in my attitude since a few short weeks ago. The hardest place to change on your body is between one's ears. I know I have made that change. Until the switch clicked in my head, I was spinning my wheels: going on a fitness kick for a couple weeks, then giving up. How many times did I do this over the years?

The thing to remember is that yesterday is only a word, not a place you can go back to.

Now I focus on what I can do today. Tomorrow, I will focus on what I can do that day. Pretty soon, I sure I will surprise myself at what I have accomplished!

One thing that I have learned is to KPP and fast forward through the individual parts that I temporarily can't do because of injury. That way, I am still working out as much as possible and still getting the burn everywhere else. I have found that missing workouts gives me another excuse to miss another, then another, then I wake up with a mouth full of cake in front of the TV with a test pattern on. OK, maybe that was a little exaggerated, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment