Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 58

Cardio this AM, feeling good soreness all over as my body recovers from the new exercise.

Probably the most effective thing about P90X is the variety. Just when I get complacent with the routine, BAM! it changes.

One thing I know for sure, I am glad I started with Lean, because Phase 3 is pretty much Phase 1 of Classic and I don't know if I would have stuck with it if Chest and Back had been my first workout!

Leading up to the weigh-in in 2 days, I have been working on weight indicators. Body Fat % seems to be the best indicator for my health in terms of weight. As for BMI, there are people that it just doesn't work for. According to BMI, I should be between 145 and 190+/-. Well, I was just under 190 when I was 17 years old. I was playing rugby and generally at the top of my fitness game. I think I was probably 145 some time in junior high school.

My goal is to get under 230, which happens to be at the top of overweight for my height, just under obese. Given that I expect to have about 20% BF or less by that time, I hardly think that is obese. We are all built differently. BMI does not work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment