Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 75

Back on track with Core Syn this morning. Week 11 is almost finished and I really didn't get a lot done: 2.5 workouts because of injury and yesterday was crazy busy with no 90 minute period for Yoga.

I didn't do the strength work this week because of the pulled back muscle I sustained while doing the side stretch on Monday. Anyway, it feels good to sweat again.

I have found that form is a key component to exercise. Poor form leads to injuries. Other than my wrist and lower back, which are chronic, the 2 acute injuries I have sustained (knee and back) happened when I went past proper form in search of "feeling it more". Well, I felt it more, but not what I wanted to feel!

I am staring at the end of the first round with only a bit over 2 weeks to go, more aware of my eating habits, feeling better about my body image, and definitely motivated to continue after Round 1. I have missed the exercise on few days that I haven't done it over the past 11 weeks, which is a personal breakthrough for me.

Another lifestyle change that I have made is to not make all my social appointments around eating food. Last week, when my oldest son and I played basketball for an hour (after I did Kenpo in the morning), I realized that a few months ago, we would have just met for some carb-laden meal and both of us would have stuffed ourselves for no reason other than habit.

P90X has changed my life and while I may tumble and I may stumble along the way, there is no turning back for me now.

Thanks to everyone in EMX'ers for your support, your advice, the laughs and the poignant comments and life changes that you have shared with me and the rest of the members of this group.

I know this sounds like a good-bye, but it isn't. I am just writing contemplatively and feel the time to express myself is when I feel it.

Have a great day everyone and Keep Pressing Play!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you are back on track Phil. Good luck with the run for TS. I can't wait to see you and Michelle in 3 1/2 weeks, what a change since the beginning of January. Have I mentioned that I joined a gym : SNAP (a new chain of gyms in the states with a couple in Canada). I have missed one day of work out in the past two weeks... Your Dad is a great encourager which is a great help.
    Love you, Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete