Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 61

Core Syn this morning. Didn't get a great sleep last night, Natalie is sick, but pushed through the workout this morning.

I am participating in the 1st Annual Trek For Tourette on March 29. It is a 5k walk through Point Pleasant Park in Halifax, in support of the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada. They are the only national voluntary non-profit organization assisting individuals affected by Tourette Syndrome (TS) and its associated disorders. They are dedicated to improving the quality of life for those with, or affected by, Tourette Syndrome through programs of education, advocacy, self-help and the promotion of research.

I was introduced to this event by a friend of mine, who was asked by a mutual friend of ours if she would co-ordinate the event in Halifax. Our mutual friend has two sons with TS. Honestly, I agreed to participate because now I know someone who is affected by TS and also because it is a good cause.

Click on this link to sponsor me in the Trek For Tourette.

Thanks to everyone for your support so far, and to anyone else who sponsors me or who is inspired to participate in this event.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you all the way Phil, although I won't be there in Halifax, I will be with you in thought... power humms will be with you. At what time does the race start?

    PS: I have joined the gym SNAP- 4 minutes from the condo... thanks to your encouraging diary as well as Michelle's changes... I have decided to do this for myself: Fit by 60... well a little too late as June 12th is that turn in life... but I will say: Fit during the 60+ cycle.
    Can't wait to come home April 22 to see some amazing changes in both of you as well as get some advice from both of your journeys... Pretty amazing to be able to draw from 2 such powerful sources!
    It is a previlege and an honor to call you my children, love, Mom

    ReplyDelete