Friday, February 13, 2009

Dave is a weight-loss machine!

My friend Dave Dawood is in the fitness challenge with me. In fact, he and his brother Georges were the originators of the challenge. Dave was at our house this morning, dropping off Oliver and Elliot, and he asked to use our scale that measures body fat and weight. We didn't reset the stats from mine, since they are pretty close to his in terms of age and height.

As of this morning, Dave weighs only 232 pounds with about 31% body fat! That is 50 pounds lost in only 3 months! Congrats my brother! Dave acknowledged that he has lost muscle along with fat, so he is excited to start P90X next week, to build back some muscle mass. I think he will have great success with P90X and will maintain his weight, maybe even lose a few more pounds even with the muscle gain.

The point of this challenge is to give the participants a competitive reason to finally get fit again. While I am super-competitive and want to win the challenge, I am truly happy and proud of Dave for his accomplishment. I think we will go 1-2 in Ottawa and either Georges or Jeff will be wearing the dress. Who knows, maybe Jesse or Dean might have to wear it! We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment