Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 40

Day 40 of Round 1 today - Wow! Time flies... when you are working your butt (and love handles, and gut) off!

Legs & Back today, didn't do the pull ups again for fear of hurting my wrist, but I forwarded throgh them right away and did all the leg exercises with no rest. Feel the burn! Next week I will venture back up on the bar. If that is no good, then I guess it will be bands for me for the time being.

A friend noticed my "guns" yesterday, it is a nice feeling for others to recognize the work I have done so far. Everyone else says they see it in my face, etc., but it was a bit of an ego boost to have my arms mentioned.

I ran a half marathon 5 years ago and have been promising myself another crack at it, since I missed my goal time by 92 seconds. I know, I know, the goal for the first time should simply be to finish it, but I get serious about my goals once I set them and those 92 seconds have been bugging me ever since. P90X is already getting me into better shape than I was when I ran the half, so I expect to do better next time.

I did L&B & ARX today as well. For the first time, I debated whether to do ARX afterwards since my legs felt like jelly during the last part of L&B, but then I kicked myself in the negative attitude and I did it. I had my best ARX ever! Sit-up V-up is still very tough for me, but I did all the reps in the 10 other moves, over 300 reps for the first time ever! I am glad I didn't wimp out on myself.

One last success story: I tried on two pairs of shorts (40") that six weeks ago I could barely put on, and forget about being even close to buttoning them up. This morning, I put them on and buttoned them up! From squeezing into 44" pants to getting into 40" pants in less than 6 weeks! You guys were right: I am really seeing the difference in the second phase. My goal was to comfortably wear size 38 pants, but now I think 36's are possible!

Have a great weekend everyone and KPP!

No comments:

Post a Comment