Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 27

Yoga X as recovery week draws to a close. Measurement day T minus 3! I feel good today and actually touched my fingertips for the first time in the twisting pretzel thingy pose! That was a breakthough for me and I rejoiced in the moment!

I have been experimenting with the amounts of protein in my recovery drink and protein shake. I tried dialling down the protein, but found I was too hungry during the day, hence the off-nutrition on Tues and Wed, Grrrr at myself!

AS for protein bars, I have tried Myoplex lite, which is kind of like eating cardboard with rice krispies and chocolate on it. Not really my cup of tea. I have also tried Protein 32 (with 32 grams of protein). The bars are huge, about twice the size of other bars, so I have eaten half and save the rest for another time. The peanut butter was ok, I prefer the fudge brownie. My bro-in-law Gordon loves Detour bars, I haven't tried them yet. He says they are a lot like Oh Henry bars. My experience for the past 4 weeks has been to experiment to find out what works for me and what doesn't.

After all is said and done, my goal is to incorporate real life exercise on top of P90X! That is what it is eventually about: building your life around activity and being with your family and friends.

As for nutrition, it is about making sensible choices when faced with food at social events. I can't make the host provide all healthy food every time, so I will have to continue learning how to listen to my body.

Have a great winter day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment