Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 44

Cardio this AM, burned 609 calories. I replaced my first HR monitor because one of the buttons didn't work, so I couldn't calculate the calories burned during my workouts. Of course, my HR monitor doesn't allow for a weight input, so while I will use that number for my records, I think I burned more than that. At least I think that is a valid assumption: someone who weighs more will burn more calories doing the same exercise as someone who weighs less.

Great news: My P90X blog seems to have brought in some new converts! Three friends of mine are starting P90X, maybe a little bit based on my success so far. I think P90X is one of those things that people have heard of, but since it is advertised on TV, they are reluctant to try it until they hear of the success of someone they know. If that is a side-effect of this blog, then I am very happy!

One caveat for people just starting P90X: While the program can achieve amazing results, I would hesitate in trying to short-circuit the system to speed up your weight-loss. I probably have the most fat to lose out of anyone I know and I am sticking with the P90X program. Doing more P90X workouts than the schedule, especially when you are just starting, is more likely to cause you injury than it will increase your weight loss. And when you are injured, you won't be doing any workouts! Trust the plan and please take this advice.

Remember: You didn't gain all that weight or get so far out of shape in 90 days, so don't expect to lose all the weight in 90 days. The results will shock you (in a good way), just be patient.

P90X isn't just 90 days, it's just the first 90 days. Make exercise and proper nutrition your way of living and pretty soon the number of days and what you eat will become less of a constant concern, since they are simply how you live.

Have a great day everyone and Keep Pressing Play!

No comments:

Post a Comment