Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 37

Cardio X this morning. Happy that it is a relatively short workout, since I had to hit the road early for work.

It is important that I stay in the moment during my workouts, to make sure I don't simply go through the motions. It really is a matter of fighting for those extra reps, or those centimetres (or millimetres) of stretching in Yoga! You know, I think only those of us who have done P90X can understand my sense of accomplishment after finally touching fingers in the pretzel twist (my name for it). It may seem trivial to non-P90Xer's, but completing the hour and a half of pushing one's body to its limits and beyond is a real triumph that people who have never done it just can't understand. When I look back to how much I have progressed in the past 5 weeks, I am amazed, especially since this is only the beginning.

Why do I get up early every day to subject myself to an hour+ of rigorous exercise? I am doing this to get healthier so I can enjoy my wife and kids more and for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment