Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 30

Day 30 - Judgment Day, Part I

Knocked off a quick cardio this AM and then hit the scale, tape measure and camera for the first time in a month.

Day 0 Day 30 Difference
weight 290.8 282.2 -8.6 lbs
body fat 45.3% 39.7% -5.6%
chest 51" 49" -2"
waist 51" 49" -1.5"
hips 50.5" 49.5" -1"
rt. thigh 30" 26.5" -3.5"
lt. thigh 29.5" 26.25" -3.25"
rt. bicep flex 17" 17" 0"
lt. bicep flex 17" 17" 0"

I am happy with the changes so far. My main goal was a 5.0% body fat reduction, which I surpassed. The overall weight reduction is not what I was expecting, although in my goal I underestimated how much muscle mass I would add.

At Day 0, I had 131.7 pounds of body fat (yikes!). Today, I have 112.0 pounds of body fat (still yikes! but much better). My lean body mass is 170.2 pounds now, versus 159.1 pounds 30 days ago. So I lost 19.7 pounds of fat and added 11.1 pounds of muscle in 30 days. Those sound like huge numbers, but I am 6'2", I have a large frame and lots of fat to lose; percentage-wise, they are probably typical for Phase 1.

While I can see the difference in my torso, I am really surprised at the inches lost around my thighs. Now I know why my pants are like sails around my legs now! My torso measurements are also smaller, which is good, though I guess even more improved nutrition will make the waist and hips numbers drop more than the chest numbers, which is my eventual goal. No measurement change in my biceps but they are certainly more muscular and now they have some definition!

My high school stats (as best as I can remember) were:
height 6'2"
weight 188 pounds
chest 42" or 44"?
waist 32" or 34"?
thigh 23" or 24"

I remember having a 10" drop between my chest and waist when I was 18, but don't exactly recall the dimensions. I have always had tree-trunk legs, even when I was younger. They helped in the rugby scrum, back when I used to play. These are my almost no (maybe 10%?) body fat stats and I am aiming to eventually get as close to these as I can. I will be happy to be in the 220's for weight, below 20% body fat, and I want to get back to an 8" to 10" drop between chest and waist. I don't expect to hit these numbers in round 1, or even round 2. It may be round 3 or 4 before I reach my goals. The key is that I will reach my body size goals and I will maintain them.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome achievement Phil!!! Keep it up... it's well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete