Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 21

Stretch today, 8 hours after Super Bowl Sunday. It was a good game, the outcome of the game was still undetermined, up to the last possession, which is a fun game to watch. Even though I was hoping for the Cardinals, it was a hard-fought game on both sides and I congratulate the Steelers for a record sixth Lombardi Trophy.

It's hard to believe three weeks of P90X have gone by already! Now for "recovery week".

I did OK on nutrition last night, kept it well under control, had water instead of beer (except for 2 beer, one in first half, next in second half), 3 chicken wings (no skin), some crackers and crab dip, and 2 mini cheesecakes. My bro-in-law hosted the evening with his HD projector. He also provided chili, which tasted awesome. I brought some rolls that I made myself and limited myself to one with the chili. I also brought the veggies and hummus, which made for good crunchy snacks throughout. Last year, I probably would have had 2 to 3 times the food and probably zero veggies or water.

While I wasn't totally on nutrition plan last night, the biggest change from last year (although it is commonplace for me to do now) was that I listened to my body to see if I really wanted any food, rather than just eating it because the food is in front of me and I wanted something to do.

Maintaining a healthy nutrition has always been the biggest challenge for me, exercise is not the hardest part (although I have usually fallen off the workout wagon too).

Overall, I feel good about myself emotionally as well as physically. Eating health(ier) at this Super Bowl was a goal I had set for myself after last year's pigout. I believe I have made good progress so far, but I realize that I have "miles to go before I sleep".

Thanks again to everyone for all of your support over the past few weeks; I feel like this is my New Year's Day. I am feeling good, feeling strong and looking better every day! LET'S BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment