Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another post about Nutrition?!?

Archana from EMX'ers referred me to a book called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" (BFFM) by Tom Venuto. She says the book tells us that "you can mess up your metabolism if you restrict your carbohydrate intake too much. A low-carb diet may not give your brain or your body enough fuel to run smoothly. Plus, if you're really bringing it, you'll burn all that up anyway." Thanks for the reality check, Archana.

About carbs, I spoke with my sister a couple days ago (she is on a weight loss mission too: she lost 85 pounds, including 50 since August, by working out at fitness bootcamps and running. She still has some weight left to lose, but she said she is the same weight as she was 15 years ago in university.) My sister was told the same thing by her trainer: carbs are what makes your brain function, so don't completely eliminate them.

I am following the P90X nutrition plan fairly closely, with equivalent substitutions in a couple of instances i.e. I don't like cottage cheese. It is a satisfying mix of foods and my employees are surprised to see me eating all the time - but now it's healthy food, not junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment