Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 11

Yoga this morning. Even though those balance poses are killers (you want me to twist how? while standing on one foot?!?), I feel best after Yoga. Must be the ohm's!

So I am trying this homemade drink from Prevention magazine called Sassy Water to detox my body. It is pretty mild, my sis drinks it every day. She says drinking it for 2 weeks helps cleanse your system and shrink your GI tract (your guts).

The recipe is:
1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 sprigs of mint (10-12 leaves)
1 tbsp. of ginger, grated

Place ingredients in a 2 Litre glass container (not plastic, due to leeching) overnight. Drain in the morning for your drinking water for the day. Also, you can eat the cucumber slices through the day, so minimal waste there. I am just starting out with it, so we will see how it works. It tastes good, like water with lemon in it, plus an extra kick from the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment