Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nutrition - Again!

peterbrown and bamm48 from EMX'ers have some advice:

"For the recovery drink, it was suggested to me and I've been using a half-scoop of whey protein powder mixed with apple or grape juice. Tastes like crap! Anyway, it does replicate the BB recovery drink in that you get some sugar carbs, protein, and BCAA's. Also, skim chocolate milk works too. I alternate. I get the chocolate whey protein powder at Wal-Mart. The small tub is about $14 and the monster jug that embarrasses you in the checkout line is around $30...For the bars, I use Pure Protein bars" Thanks Peter!

"try the Endurox R4 or Accelrade. They both promote the 4:1 ratio similar to the BB Recovery Drink. But in my research I haven’t found anything that is identical. BB has some bonus ingredients like L-Arginine and Creatine. I have used the Endurox R4 and have had good results, but for the $ BB is the way to go." Thanks Bamm!

Also, Bergy2 from EMX'ers has this recipe, which I think I will try:

"Power pita pizza with 1 whole wheat pita, 1/2 cup pizza sauce, 4 oz of grilled chicken, 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of fresh broccoli and bell peppers combined." Sounds good! Thanks Bergy!

No comments:

Post a Comment