Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nutrition

on the Early Morning X'ers forum, mattbrock gave me this info:

"...there is a science to nutrient timing. Particularly post workout...wait 15-20 minutes after your workout and drink a recovery drink. Then wait another 20-30 minutes and flood your muscles with protein. Either through a protein shake, a protein bar, or a high protein breakfast."

Good info to have. I want to be able to maximize my efforts and achieve the most that I can. Thanks again Matt!

RanaePA, the Goddess of EMX'ers, wrote this post:

"You want to strive for around 200gms of protein in a day to maximize your fat burning potential. Your breakout should be about 40/40/20. 40% protein, 40% good carbs, 20% good fats. And possible even 50% protein to begin with. This will maximize your benefit. 6 mini meals per day.

As to eating before you workout, depends what time your working out. If your up like me at 3:30AM, I eat nothing and I maximize my burn of my fat stores. I really haven't needed food first thing. However, that's not everyone. If you do need something, I would go with the protein shake or a small one followed by a recovery drink after the workout. The reason we have difficulty in the morning is because we deplete glycogen stores and our energy goes in the toilet.

Recovery Drink- BB one is great and can be used during the workout to help with glycogen stores, 1 scoop in your water or if you don't have the money for this after the workout 1 cup OJ and 1 scoop whey protein. Rushes glycogen to the muscles and helps them to recover and cut down on soreness. Highly important in my opinion."

Thanks Ranae! She also asked me to send her an e-mail, listing my goals and expectations of myself. She wants to maximize all my effort if she can! What support! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment