Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 9

Day 9 - 10% of Round 1 done already! Yeah! Cardio X this morning. It went well; I noticed my form has improved and reps have increased, even though I am only in the second week. I like how my muscle memory has already started helping me with the different exercises. Thanks, subconscious mind!

As for visible differences, my friends say they notice the difference in my face. One friend said I look five years younger. I replied that before he knows it I will look like I belong in diapers! I actually see a bit of definition in my shoulders now! Unfortunately, the midsection has the most to lose and will probably be the last to go. Ain't that always the way? C'est la vie!

I was asked about my plan to do three rounds of P90X: First Lean, then Classic, then Doubles. I decided at the start of the program to do 3 rounds of P90X. I figured I would need something like that amount of time to get the Beachbody I want. The exercise manual also suggests a routine like that, plus I wasn't sure if my joints could take plyo right out of the gate. However, I am always free to change my mind after the first round! For now, though, I am enjoying the workouts. I finish them and am improving my form and reps.

It's sunny and -9 degrees Celsius -- 15 degrees Fahrenheit -- here in tropical Halifax, Nova Scotia (east coast of Canada, northeast of Maine), so all is good!

It's funny how I have substituted Tony Horton for Tim Horton every morning! My spirits are up and I am full of energy today! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment