Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 10

I tweaked my right hip a little bit yesterday, doing side kicks in Cardio. Luckily, Tony worked my Shoulders & Arms today, so I was able to rest my hip. Thanks Tony! hahaha

I really worked it today, pushed and did more reps than last week. Man, that feels good!

It is difficult to balance everything in life, especially with work and family and all of our other commitments. The way I resolved to Keep Pressing Play was to reward myself for already doing so much by giving myself the time alone to do my workouts. The easiest time for me to do that is while everyone else in my family is asleep. Early morning workouts give me energy to get through the rest of my day and even though it is only Day 10 in Round 1 for me, I can't imagine going back to how I used to fuel my body with sugar every hour or so throughout the day, just to stay functional. I now realize I was just surviving, not really living. I realized that the best gift I can ever give myself is my health!

I was that person who tried this program, that diet, only to fail again and again. P90X, with its exercise and nutrition programs and especially its support system like the Beachbody forums, has helped me flip the switch in my mind and I am starting to actually remember, more and more each day, how I used to be when I was fit and lean so many years ago.

1 comment:

  1. So true... there is a difference between surviving and living... great to hear you've made this discovery only 10 days in... it took me months to realize it! It's amazing... after I got under 200lbs I said to myself... I will NEVER see that # again... and I know... I'm the only one that can make sure it doesn't happen.

    Keep it up dude... and listen to your body... its ok to take a day off to recovery... better than injuring yourself and having to take weeks or months off! Hope the hip feels better.

    ReplyDelete