Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 4

Heading to the rec room for the 90 minute Yoga workout, I looked forward to having a bit of a break after the Ab Ripper X workout yesterday. Well, this isn't some sissy workout! Three groups of exercises, from strength, to balance, to stretching, made for a sweat-inducing anaerobic routine, although breathing is crucial throughout the program.

The P90X program recommends a recovery drink after the workout, so I bought a couple jars of whey protein to help keep my body able to work out 6 days a week. I feel energized from the workouts and not exhausted at the end of the day, like I used to after working out without the supplement. I am not replacing traditional breakfast, lunch and supper meals with this stuff, simply following the P90X program of a recovery drink after my workout. I also had a protein bar late morning today, to add calories to the diet, as per the program.

However, I fell off the nutrition wagon last night for supper, with 2 slices of works pizza and a sliver of birthday cake from Cheryl's birthday on Wednesday. I woke up this morning so thirsty that I realized how salty the processed meat toppings were. This underlines the importance of having meals on a regular basis, rather than going too long without food and having whatever is easy and close by.

I have found over the past couple months that I have been weaning myself off junk food. I have gone to each of my old favourites and have felt so physically ill afterwards that I have not felt like going back since. I finally understand why some people used to tell me that they couldn't eat at McDonald's or Burger King or wherever, because they felt so physically bad afterwards. It just took me a while to come to the same conclusion, one restaurant at a time.

Tonight I am going to a bootcamp style workout with my sister Michelle. She invited me to go, so I will take her up on it. I wonder how I will feel tomorrow, with 2 strenuous workouts for today. Time to Bring It!

No comments:

Post a Comment