Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 3

One of the members on EMX'ers suggested Wal-Mart for supplements. I never thought of Wal-Mart, although I should have since they sell everything there. I will definitely check it out for prices.

I have already posted a few times on nutrition. It is because eating right is at least as hard as the exercise, for me. I think it is a matter of changing the way I think of food: as fuel, not reward.

Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X today. Not too bad on S&A, getting the correct weights for the exercises, but not too bad overall... until Ab Ripper X! Woah! That humbled me. Poor form and did not match reps, but for a first time, it is what it is. I see what I really need to work on.

Had a whey protein drink (powder mixed in milk) after workout yesterday and today (free samples from GNC). They tasted like SlimFast - remember those? Yeah, I tried that years ago. It worked until I went back to my old eating habits. Lesson learned: I need to change what I eat AND WHY I EAT, not just substitute a meal with a drink for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment