Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 17

Half-way through Week 3, recovery week coming up -- although it doesn't look like much of a rest, more like a change! Well, they say a change is as good as a rest...

Shoulders & Arms today. I felt the burn! My wife noticed the difference in my arms afterwards, so yeehaw! That goes under the "other people noticing the change" column.

There are two people on the Early Morning X'ers TBB group who have been through some major health struggles and yet are doing P90X. SEAR has battled Gullain Barre Syndrome (GBS) which is a form of paralysis that is generally recoverable, but that can also lead to death. Thankfully, SEAR is still with us and he is inspired by his kids to do P90X. Solostyle is a young woman who was in a tragic accident a couple years ago that broke her pelvis as well as other major bones.

Reading SEAR's and solo's stories make me realize how fortunate I have been, with good health, despite my unconscious efforts to sabotage my health with overeating and lack of exercise in the past. SEAR, solostyle: You two are inspirations to me. Thank you for sharing your stories with me and the rest of the Early Morning X'ers group.

No comments:

Post a Comment